Zelda Level forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums for the minor Zelda fan-site, Zelda Level!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Zelda Summaries

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Invad3rZim

Invad3rZim

Zelda Summaries Empty
PostSubject: Zelda Summaries   Zelda Summaries EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 10:43 pm

Hello Smile

Well, I suppose this is the best place to put this thread but I'm not really sure. Basically I wanted to ask you guys if you think we should all try to chip in a bit of our time and make summaries for each Zelda game that would go on the site... It would at least give us something to put on all those links that say we have no content when you click on them xD

So I made this one on Zelda Ocarina of Time and sent it to Shora... here it is --

"From a lush forest with talking trees to an active volcano with plants that explode, Zelda the Ocarina of Time takes you on debatably the greatest adventure Hyrule has ever seen! It carved a pathway that most games of the same genre follow even to this day. Released in Japan on November 21, 1998 this was the first 3D game in the Zelda franchise. It was then released in the United States on November 23 and later in Europe on December 11. It gave birth to classic characters like Navi and Impa that will never be forgotten in the hearts and minds of its fans. The game starts out with Link waking up in the peaceful Kokiri village, but quickly turns into an unbelievable quest throughout Hyrule, during which the game manages to both engross you in its beautiful storyline and surprise you with its attention to detail. Whether you are throwing bombs into a giant lizard or gazing into the eyes of a shriveled zombie, this game takes you on a magnificent journey through which you can truly lose yourself. The game had many unique features that had never before been seen such as Epona, the iron boots, bomb flowers and much, much more. With nothing being able to measure up to it at the time, the sales went through the roof. After the release an expansion was introduced called “Master Quest” which made the dungeons much more difficult but left the original gameplay alone. With that being said, many Zelda fans consider this game to be the best of them all, and it is still played often around the world, but the only thing that can be said for certain is that Zelda the Ocarina of Time brings honor and glory to the Zelda franchise through its amazing gameplay and stunning graphics. -Written by Invad3rZim"

I know its not perfect and it needs a lot of smoothing out and stuff but I figure with this thread we could maybe get them done in a reasonable amount of time. Or is it not a good idea? Plus if you post them here others can help you critique it and maybe we can get them to sort of blend together as if they were made by the same person... though of course each person would get credit for what they write.

If we do this there would only be a few rules

1) They would all need to be close to the same size
2) They would have to have NO spoilers
3) They would have pictures added in with them on the site ( I would assume )
4) They, if possible, would need to be at least close in diction and syntactic variety
5) They would need at least some facts about the series and point out unique traits in the series
6) And anything else you guys think that would be necessary Smile

So, what are your opinions?
Back to top Go down
Raxit
Admin
Raxit

Zelda Summaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Summaries   Zelda Summaries EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:02 pm

It's great! But you still need to watch your grammar Wink
Back to top Go down
https://zeldalevel.forumotion.com
Invad3rZim

Invad3rZim

Zelda Summaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Summaries   Zelda Summaries EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 3:44 am

Haha, yup I know, I'm really bad at that kind of stuff, if I have time tomorrow or tonight I'll do another.

Mind pointing out what I messed up on so I can fix it? lol
Back to top Go down
Raxit
Admin
Raxit

Zelda Summaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Summaries   Zelda Summaries EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 6:19 am

Ugh, I'm too tired right now. It's 6am and holidays.
Back to top Go down
Invad3rZim

Invad3rZim

Zelda Summaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Summaries   Zelda Summaries EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 4:08 am

Alrighty, done with number two! Well, here it is... and I edited the first one a little bit... if there is anything wrong with either of them factually or grammatically feel free to help out a retarded person and tell me how to fix it ^^

Ocarina of Time

"From a lush, green forest with talking trees to an active volcano with plants that explode, Zelda the Ocarina of Time takes you on debatably the greatest adventure Hyrule has ever seen! It carved a pathway that most games of the same genre follow even to this day. Released in Japan on November 21st, 1998 this was the first 3D game in the Zelda franchise. It was then released in the United States on November 23rd and later in Europe on December 11th. It gave birth to classic characters like Navi and Impa that will never be forgotten in the hearts and minds of its fans. The game starts out with Link waking up in the peaceful Kokiri village, but quickly turns into an unbelievable quest throughout Hyrule, during which the game manages to both engross you in its beautiful storyline and surprise you with its attention to detail. Whether you are throwing bombs into a giant lizard, gazing into the eyes of a shriveled zombie, or getting yelled at by Navi, this game takes you on a magnificent journey through which you can truly lose yourself. The game had many unique features that had never before been seen such as Epona, the iron boots, bomb flowers and much, much more. With nothing being able to measure up to it at the time, the sales went through the roof. After the release an expansion was introduced called “Master Quest” which made the dungeons much more difficult but left the original gameplay alone. With that being said, many Zelda fans consider this game to be the best of them all, and it is still played often around the world. The only thing that can be said for absolutely certain though, is that Zelda the Ocarina of Time brings honor and glory to the Zelda franchise through its amazing gameplay and stunning graphics. –Written by Invad3rZim"

Majora's Mask

"What can be more terrifying than a giant moon with a cynical smile slapped across its face? The answer is, in fact, a giant moon with a cynical smile slapped across its face that is threatening to destroy the entire world in three days! Welcome to the world of Zelda: Majora’s Mask. Released as a sequel to the famous Ocarina of Time in Japan on April 27th, 2000 Majora’s Mask hit the shelves with a bang selling 314,000 copies during its first week. It was then released in the United States on October 26th and in Europe on November 17th. The game continued the story of our much beloved Link but this time into a new and gloomy atmosphere full of fresh gameplay and innovative ideas. Much of the game revolves around an intricate time system which has people doing different things at different times of the day. It was a whole new dynamic for the Zelda series that gave the game a fresh appeal. This along with the massive inventory of masks that turn Link into everything from a Deku Scrub to a Goron made the game distinctive and unique, but one important thing to point out is that the game still gives you those moments when memories rush back from The Ocarina of Time. In this way it really flows well as a sequel both adding tons of new content and showing it has the “stuff” to be a stand-alone game while at the same time keeping those nostalgic connections to its predecessor. In the end whether you are trying to find what in the *Censored* that stupid hand in the toilet wants from you, fighting with Skull Kid in what could be the last moments of Hyrule, or shooting down green midgets out of the sky with snot, Zelda: Majora’s Mask is considered by most to be resilient enough to rightfully hold the coveted title as the successor to The Ocarina of Time. –Written by Invad3rZim"

Well what do you guys think? I think it has a few small spoilers, but nothing to bad right?
Back to top Go down
Shora

Shora

Zelda Summaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Summaries   Zelda Summaries EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Great summary, Zim. And yeah it has only a few minor spoilers, so it shouldn't be a problem Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://zeldalevel.22web.net/
Invad3rZim

Invad3rZim

Zelda Summaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Summaries   Zelda Summaries EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:58 pm

Thanks Smile I'll try and do them for all the games that I have played, but if we want a full set of summaries we will need someone else to do the games that I haven't played :/ In fact the only other two that I can do with confidence are A Link to the Past and The Wind Waker... I have racked up awhile on Skyward Sword but have not beaten it yet...

And maybe if I can ever fix my mic I'll continue the Link to the Past walkthrough Razz

How much content do we have ready so far?
Back to top Go down
Trey

Trey

Zelda Summaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Summaries   Zelda Summaries EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Well, as to how much content we have, I think we should have a good bit within at least a month, seeing as to how your making Summaries, possibly going to start on the Video Walkthroughs again, and I'm making Walkthroughs, Guides, and Quizzes, along with whatever everyone else is doing. Along with The new Layout Raxit and Shora are making, I think Version 2.0 will look pretty good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://zeldalevel.22web.net/index.php
Raxit
Admin
Raxit

Zelda Summaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Summaries   Zelda Summaries EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:27 pm

Indeed
Back to top Go down
Invad3rZim

Invad3rZim

Zelda Summaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Summaries   Zelda Summaries EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Well I sure hope so Smile Here is the next summary, as always feel free to criticize and point out any mistakes, thats the whole reason I'm posting them Wink --

The WindWaker

"What is it that all Zelda games have in common? Is it that each one has a man dressed in green that runs around with a sword, or perhaps that bottles are always worth more than gold for some strange reason? Well, one thing that is unmistakably consistent in the Zelda franchise is that each game steps out beyond what those “other games” consider to be normal. Zelda: The Windwaker is no exception. In fact, it puts other Zelda games to shame in its boldness to venture into unknown waters, excuse the terrible pun. Released in Japan on December 13th, 2002 the Windwaker was unlike anything ever before seen. Later showing up on the shelves of game shops in the United States on March 24th and in Europe on May 2nd this strange game swept across the world making its name known through its captivating story, unique perspective, and addicting gameplay. The first and foremost shocking thing about The Windwaker was the bizarre new graphics known as cel shading, which some took at first to mean it was just a poorly made game with little thought. How terribly wrong those poor, mislead people really were is quite astonishing. The overall audacity of this game is one of the things that make it so fantastic. It delivers one of the best Zelda experiences of all time with a huge open world dotted with islands as far as the eye can see. It also has tons of fresh enemies and items that never grow old, and it even provides you with a talking boat to chase them all down in. Furthermore, much like Majora’s Mask the game has a plethora of things to do in town, giving you the power to choose what you want to do and when you want to do it. Along with that it brings back some of the characters from older games like Tingle, but at the same time introduces new characters that carry on through other Zelda games that come out in the future like Beetle. Needless to say The Windwaker will be going down in history along with many of its Zelda brethren as one of the greatest games of all time. - Written by Invad3rZim"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zelda Summaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Summaries   Zelda Summaries Empty

Back to top Go down

Zelda Summaries
Page 1 of 1